PCAsia is seeking an active and motivated candidate to fill the position of consultancy work as a library expert with a high profile and dynamic organization.
PARLIAMENTARY CENTRE OF ASIA
The Parliamentary Centre of Asia (PCAsia), established in early 2021 in Phnom Penh, is the successor of the Parliamentary Institute of Cambodia (PIC) founded in 2011, a transition that reflects an expansion of activities with Parliaments across Southeast Asia. The mandate of PCAsia is therefore to contribute to the strengthening of Southeast Asian Parliaments through capacity building of their staff, based on the demands or requests of each Parliament. It draws on the expertise of national, regional, and international partners (Parliaments and research centres).
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
As part of the Capacity Development Department, the role of the PCAsia Library services is to maintain an up-to-date and accessible collection of relevant resources in print or digital formats to support the five focus areas of PCA work with Parliamentary staff in the region.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES (PROGRAMME/PROJECT)
The PCAsia website, the Online Library Catalogue, and INFO-Netprovide a regional platform enabling more effective information sharing between PCAsia and staff of the regional parliaments.
The position of PCAsia Librarian has become vacant. Therefore, there is an urgent need to train two staff to enable them to jointly manage the PCAsia Library services and maintain and update the INFO-NET on PCAsia’s website.
Provision of appropriate Library training for two PCAsia staff through face to face and by Zoom as required.
Provision of appropriate digital resources, including journal articles for inclusion in the PCA Online Catalogue, as well as suggested information resources for inclusion in the INFO-NET by the IT staff or webmaster.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES / SCOPE OF WORK
To train and provide support for the two PCAsia staff to enable the provision of appropriate Library services for PCAsia.
- maintenance and development of the PCAsia Library including both print and digital resources, and making these available via the PCAsia Online Catalogue
- developing and expanding the INFO-Net webpage and responding in a timely manner to requests from staff for library research assistance
- maintenance of appropriate links with external partners and organizations such as IFLA, IPU and AIPA.
- Duration: 01 July 2023 to 31 December 2023
- Approximate working days is 15 Days
- An updated PCAsia Catalogue to include more relevant and current journal articles
- Two staff trained with sufficient skills and expertise to maintain and expand the existing PCAsia Library service, including responding to the needs of PCAsia staff including administrative staff, supervisors, program managers, and instructors.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of the role and mission of PCAsia,
- An understanding of the existing Library system
- Understanding of the needs of PCAsia staff
- Ability to provide online training as appropriate
- Ability to motivate the trainees to be able carry out the necessary tasks
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] and indicates a daily rate in the email. The application deadline is 21 April 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted