PCAsia is seeking an active and motivated candidate to fill the position of IT Assistant of a high profile and dynamic organisation.
PARLIAMENTARY CENTRE OF ASIA
The Parliamentary Centre of Asia (PCAsia), established in early 2021 in Phnom Penh, is the successor of the Parliamentary Institute of Cambodia founded in 2011, a transition that reflects an expansion of activities with Parliaments across Southeast Asia and encouraged through an MoU and the Resolutions of the General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter- parliamentary Assembly (AIPA). The mandate of PCAsia is therefore to contribute to the strengthening of Southeast Asian Parliaments through capacity building of their staff, based on the demands or requests of each parliament. It draws on the expertise of national, regional, and international partners (Parliaments and research centres).
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
The roles of the Operations Department are to support the Executive Director and the PCAsia program departments with:
- Strategic management oversight of PCAsia’s program and operations;
- The means for all external relationships with parliament and other stakeholders;
- All necessary IT, knowledge management, communications and publications functions;
- Identification and pursuit of pursue opportunities for new business development; and,
- Ensuring program compliance, quality and achievement of outcomes.
The role of the IT is to ensure: efficient and timely IT support services to all users; optimum data security; accessible knowledge management systems; and, that external contractors provide excellent technical services.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience in an IT position performing similar duties.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate activities.
- Demonstrate abilities to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work unsocial hours when system upgrade or maintenance are required.
- Good written and spoken English and Khmer language skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience in meeting specified deadlines, with a results-based orientation.
- Ability to deal with suppliers at the senior level.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] and indicate the salary expectation in the email message. The application deadline is opened until 11 August 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.