Training Programme on Parliamentary Approaches to Gender Equality (PAGE), 2nd Intake
Parliamentary Approaches to Gender Equality (PAGE): Overview
PCAsia is preparing a training programme on Parliamentary Approaches to Gender Equality (PAGE), 2nd intake, which will be hold in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for one week from 4-8 December 2023. This programme will be delivered in a physical mode for parliamentary staff from three MoU partner parliaments, consisting of Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Thailand.
The objectives of the training are to enhance the understanding of parliamentary staff on concepts, principles and tools used to mainstream gender equality, and to enable those staff to apply them through practical exercises related to their respective fields of work.
They will be able to provide a more accurate information on gender related issues, work with gender-related data in their respective fields of work, and then present relevant solutions to address those issues through their mandates and carry out practical missions related to various fields of work, including mainstream gender issues in their national plan of action.
This training programme will initially target a maximum of 21 trainees who are parliamentary staff from the National Assembly and the Senate of Cambodia, the National Assembly of Lao PDR and from the House of Representatives and the Senate of Thailand.
This programme will be conducted in English and will consist of:
- Day 1: Introduction to Gender-Sensitive and Inclusive Parliaments.
- Day 2: Tool of Promoting Gender Equality Outcomes in Parliaments.
- Day 3: Tool of Promoting Gender Equality Outcomes in Parliaments.
- Day 4: Parliamentary methods and role in empowering women and girls and implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Day 5: Gendered for other Emerging Issues.