Terms of Reference for Infographic Design Instructor
The Parliamentary Centre of Asia (PCAsia) is seeking to identify an expert instructor to deliver training to provide knowledge and skills in graphic design to parliamentary staff from the information departments of the Parliament of Cambodia.
Parliamentary Centre of Asia
The Parliamentary Centre of Asia (PCAsia), established in early 2021 in Phnom Penh, is the successor of the Parliamentary Institute of Cambodia (PIC) founded in 2011, a transition that reflects an expansion of activities with Parliaments across Southeast Asia, and encouraged through an MoU with the ASEAN Inter-parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) and the adoption of resolutions by AIPA’s General Assembly. The mandate of PCAsia is therefore to contribute to the strengthening of Southeast Asian Parliaments through capacity building of their staff, based on the demands or requests of each Parliament. It draws on the expertise of national, regional, and international partners (Parliaments and research centres).
Description of services
PCAsia is looking for a well experienced expert instructor with expertise in delivering training on “infographic design”.
The objectives of the training are to equip relevant staff of the Cambodian Parliament with advanced knowledge and skills to improve the quality of infographic design to use in the production of parliamentary materials.
The target participants
Parliamentary staff of the Cambodian Parliament who work in information departments.
- Participatory: Proactive trainee engagement during the sessions
- Learning by doing: Select existing work activities for practical exercises/assignments
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Design a survey form/questionnaire to identify the pre-existing knowledge and skills of the target trainees
- Prepare customized course syllabi for each course.
- Prepare lesson plan(s)
- Design practical and contextualized exercises/assignments
- Design tools to measure concrete output/progress of each trainee
- Design feedback questions to monitor the outcomes/application of knowledge and skills learned in the training in their work
- Deliver training course(s)
- Prepare checklists as a guideline to ensure that the application of knowledge from the training to is applied to the trainees’ work
- Prepare training report which includes, but is not limited to, a record of all training data and attendance of the trainees
Delivery training timeframe
- 17-21 October 2022
- Report on the results of the questionnaire on pre-existing knowledge and skills of the trainees
- Training syllabus
- Lesson plan(s)
- Practical and contextualized lessons and exercises/assignments
- Monitoring and assessment tools to evaluate the progress of the trainees and whether or not the training objectives were achieved
- A questionnaire to monitor the application of knowledge and the level of improvement of the trainees to be used after the training is completed
- A complete record of the training data/output of the training
- A checklist to help ensure that the outcome/application of methods and techniques from the training are implemented by the trainees in their work
- A training report on the challenges and results of the training
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in info graphics/graphic design
- Certificate of instructor/teacher
- At least 10 years of experience in teaching info graphics
- At least 5 years of experience in producing info graphics
- Strong understanding of parliamentary work
- Fluent in Khmer
- Good English proficiency
- Good interpersonal skills
Interested expert instructor should submit proposals and CVs with supporting evidence of teaching experience and of producing info graphics for quality and reference check by 30 August 2022 to [email protected] with the subject “Application for Delivering of Infographic Training”. Fee expectation should be indicated separately. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The two- stage application process will consist of a shortlist and interview. Only shortlisted candidates/training institutes will be notified. The Centre is an equal opportunity employer.