The Parliamentary Centre of Asia (PCAsia) is seeking an energetic and motivated candidate to fill the position of Receptionist of a high profile and dynamic organisation.
Parliamentary Centre of Asia
The Parliamentary Centre of Asia (PCAsia), established in early 2021 in Phnom Penh, is the successor of the Parliamentary Institute of Cambodia founded in 2011, a transition that reflects an expansion of activities with Parliaments across Southeast Asia and encouraged through an MoU and the Resolutions of the General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-parliamentary Assembly (AIPA). The mandate of PCAsia is therefore to contribute to the strengthening of Southeast Asian Parliaments through capacity building of their staff, based on the demands or requests of each parliament. It draws on the expertise of national, regional, and international partners (Parliaments and research centres).
Role of department
The role of the Operations Department is to provide all the services and support that the other departments need to fulfil their mandates. This includes accounting, administration, human resources management, IT, and support services.
The role of the Receptionist is to represent PCAsia in all front line communications with personal and telephone callers, in an efficient and professional manner. The Receptionist is also responsible for a range of administration tasks, under the overall management of the Operations Director and coordinated daily by the Administration and Finance Officer.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls and take adequate messages when required.
- Greet visitors entering the organization and provide whatever assistance is needed to fulfil their business with PIC. Ensure knowledge of visitors’ movements in and out of building.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintain a record book and filing system for post.
- Update the information board daily.
- Help to prepare materials and venues for meetings as required.
- Ensure the reception area is kept tidy at all times.
- Complete administration tasks such as photocopying, scanning, managing office supplies, etc. as requested by the Administration Officer.
- Provide logistic support to staff and consultants as required.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be assigned by the supervisors.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor degree secretarial, receptionist or related fields.
- At least 1 year experience as a receptionist.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of spoken and written Khmer and English skills
- Self-motivated learner with commitment to personal development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Neat appearance and professional behaviour.
- French language skills
Interested applicants should send a cover letter indicating salary expectation and CV to [email protected] with “Receptionist for the Parliamentary Centre of Asia”, in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. The two-stage application process will consist of an interview(s) and trial period. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.